Crook Peak · A Mendip peak with a mountainous appearance giving views for a long way.
- in Compton Bishop.
- 51.29146, -2.872449
- 51.29146°N, 2.872449°W
- 51° 17.488′N, 2° 52.347′W
- 51° 17′ 29.3″N, 2° 52′ 20.8″W
- OSGR ST 39171 55120 = easting 339171, northing 155120
- Nearest postcode (412m away)
- BS26 2HN
- Postcodes tend to be approximate, especially away from places with postal addresses.
- Links which open navigation apps
- Google Maps · Apple Maps.
Categories: ⛰ Beautiful views · 🚶 Walking and hiking · 🆓 Free or very cheap.
This marks the start of the footpath near a car park on Webbington Road. A 1.3km walk leads to the peak, and there are loops along which you can stop at pubs.
The most western peak of the Mendip hills, with a mountainous appearance, in the centre of a belt of uncultivated land. Eastwards are the nearby summits of Compton Hill, Barton Hill and Wavering Down. There are views a long way in all directions over the Levels, the Bristol Channel and the Quantocks. Glastonbury Tor can be clearly seen.