This table summarises a 48-hour forecast covering conditions suitable for a beekeeping inspection at our apiary. It is Powered by Dark Sky. Good conditions for an inspection are:
- Time: When it's light outside and preferably when the bees are out foraging;
- Temperature: It's warm enough when the temperature is above about 15°C;
- Wind: If there's not too much wind, the bees won't get blown off course, and you'll have a nicer time. There are two components; the average wind speed, and the speed of gusts;
- Rain: You can't inspect when it's raining;
- Cloud: Apparently, bees don't like cloudy skies. I don't really consider lots of cloud cover a reason not to inspect, though.
If conditions are suitable, a rating (out of five bees) will appear. This forecast is based on a location on the Somerset Levels, and so sometimes it changes quite dramatically at late notice.
Updated every fifteen minutes. Last updated Tue Nov 19 15:15:04 2019, UK time. Please get in touch if you would like a similar forecast page for your own apiary location.