Entries from 2019
- Monday, 22nd July 2019: First kites
- We went to the excellent UFO in Weston and, after Douggy's excellent advice, splashed out on two kites. The first is a two-line stunt kite, the Cross Air 1.5, which B found was stable to fly but also responsive enough to develop steering skills for cool tricks. …
- Wednesday, 24th July 2019
- We went to a spot on the beach near Brean Down today to cool off in the sea and a do a bit of kite-flying. We had a 10 km/h westerly wind without much turbulance, and C's kite launched almost automatically and sat in the air as she ran along the edge of the water.
- Monday, 29th July 2019
- No kiting tonight — tired children and intermittent rain.
- Thursday, 8th August 2019: Back in September
- The summer holidays are too full of fun and possibilities to tie Monday nights down to kiting. We'll be back posting updates of when we plan to go out from early September, probably Monday 8 September.