Visiting the area around Bradford-on-Avon
Here are a few places in the region not immediately in BoA. 'Bath' just means the area around Bath as well as the city itself. I haven't included restaurants in Bristol, though the group of friends that I go out to dinner with has collectively made a list of the best that's worth looking at. If you check out that list, look out for the R3 value, the group's enthusiasm for collectively visiting a restaurant.
There's a separate list of recommendations for places to visit in Bradford-on-Avon itself.
The distances shown after each place's name are measured from Bradford-on-Avon's town bridge.
- ★ Yak Yeti Yak, Bath · 8.3km, 5 miles · ☎ 442299 · 🗺️ map · Nepalese restaurant in a basement in the centre of town. Lots of vegan options. The food is fragrantly spiced, prepared and presented very well, and is consistently delicious.
- ★ Noodle Bath, Bath · 8.7km, 5½ miles · ☎ 975688 · 🗺️ map · A little Chinese noodle place in the middle of the city. Unpretentious, friendly and good value for money, this is the mid-week go-to for my friends needing a break away from the computer screen. I love the soup bowls for their flavour, fresh ingredients and spicy heat.
- The Bath Stable, Bath · 8.6km, 5½ miles · ☎ 429851 · 🗺️ map · Good pizza and a range of ciders from this (mostly) west country chain of restaurants.
Pubs and bars
- ★ The Dark Horse, Bath · 8.7km, 5½ miles · ☎ 302820 · 🗺️ map · Cosy, dimly-lit basement cocktail bar in the heart of the city. Friendly and knowledgable staff. No having to put up with drunk people or loud hen parties; just a place to relax, linger and enjoy a range of really interesting drinks. Cocktails start from £10 and are well-made from good ingredients. Booking (online) is advised.
- The Packhorse, Bath · 7.9km, 4⅞ miles · ☎ 830300 · 🗺️ map · A community-owned pub in a seventeenth century building. Good food and a nice garden.
- The Fox and Badger, Bath · 9.0km, 5½ miles · ☎ 832293 · 🗺️ map · Comfy little relaxed pub with good burgers.
- The Hope and Anchor, Bath · 6.5km, 4 miles · ☎ 832296 · 🗺️ map · Conveniently near the south end of the mile-long Combe Down tunnel. A place to drop into when you've wandered through it.
- The Griffin, Frome · 14km, 8½ miles · ☎ (01373) 301251 · 🗺️ map · A kinda hip and relaxed place near the edge of Frome. Brews its own beer, has a beer garden, live music, and great food consisting of 'dirty burgers', poutine and other delights.
- Fidel Rum Bar, Bath · 8.6km, 5½ miles · ☎ 426735 · 🗺️ map · Lively but relaxed and friendly bar with a wide selection of rums and cocktails.